Getting my line cleared: mission impossible!

Posts relating to changing broadband providers

Moderator: Wardy

Getting my line cleared: mission impossible!

Postby alalgar on Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 pm

Due to unrelaible conection (often getting cut), low speed and pathetic user's support services, I cancelled my account with Wanadoo/Orange on March 29th. I called them to get my MAC but they said that having already cancelled my account I needed to wait 10 days untill the line was "cleared" before being able to order a new service with other provider. 10 days later the line seemed to be still uncleared. I was told that it would take another 5 days after what another 10 days were announced as the final day. The story has been like that until last Monday (May 7th!!!) when the line was "cleared" and I was able to order sevice with a new provider. During these two months I have been using a painfully slow dial-up conection with the server at my school. The telephone bill has now reached more than £200. I would like to know if I would be able to claim Wanadoo/Orange to pay for the calls to the server at my school in compensation for their delays in getting the line ready for a new broadband provider. Thanks.
alalgar

Postby Wardy on Fri May 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi there,
that must have been an annoying month or so. :(
In answer to your question I think Wanadoo/Orange would say that you should have requested your MAC code before you cancelled so the process was much smoother.
That said though I do always say "if you don't ask you don't get" so it might be worth ringing/writing to them to explain what went on and how it has now cost you financially, the worst they can say is no. :)

Personally I don't think you have any legal upper ground on them to make them pay but they may come good with something if you ask.

Cheers
Wardy
Wardy
Site Admin

Return to Broadband Switching