Switching to Sky Broadband

Posts relating to changing broadband providers

Moderator: Wardy

Switching to Sky Broadband

Postby volkspeople on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 pm

I have recently been trying to switch to Sky Broadband and have been encountering a lot of difficulties. Before I agreed to switch I checked with Sky that I would be able to receive their broadband. I gave them my valid MAC code and they put it into their system. Unfortunately they told me (after holding on for 20mins) that my Braodband request had been rejected and that I need to phone back (at a cost of 5p per minute) in two days time. I phoned back and went through everything again and was told this time it was going ahead and to wait 2 weeks for connection. I phoned back again after two weeks of not hearing anything, to be told that it had been rejected again. Anyway to cut this a bit shorter I was eventually put through to their technical support team and told that they had a virus on the system that would not allow my broadband requests to go ahead and that they would pass the information onto a database team and that I would have to wait for this to be sorted, I was told this may take upto 6 months! Has anyone else had these problems?
volkspeople

Re: Switching to Sky Broadband

Postby Wardy on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 pm

That sounds very odd indeed! Do you live near anyone else you know who has Sky broadband just to see if you are just an isolated case or if it's something to do with your location?!

Cheers
Wardy
Wardy
Site Admin

Postby volkspeople on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:03 pm

A friend who lives not far from me is receiving Sky Broadband without any problems. I am very confused about what they are saying (re the virus).
volkspeople

Postby Wardy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Yes it does seem rather odd saying about them having a virus on the system, certainly seems strange that they haven't sorted whatever it is as they will surely be wanting customers on board rather than going elsewhere!

Did they say any more about what this virus is and if it's just affecting your application or if it's a problem others are also getting?

Cheres
Wardy
Wardy
Site Admin

Return to Broadband Switching