Swithching to 3 mobile

Posts relating to changing broadband providers

Moderator: Wardy

Swithching to 3 mobile

Postby davidb on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:16 pm

I thought that getting a 2.8mb service from a mobile internet connection would be a great idea, until I got it.

the software loaded on the dongle has made my Vista computer get unstable and now can not find a network atany time. If I use the vista network system and set up the correct data for the dial up network I can link to the network fairly reliably. BUT SLOW.

I complained to 3 by telephone got in touch with a very nice India lady who was trying to help(which cost £7.00 for the call) She organised to send an envelope to return the dongle for checking. The dongle returned 7 days later with a note saying it was OK.

I wrote to Customer Services complaining about the speed of connection in what is supposed to be a high speed connection area and got a young man call me from India. after several hours of going around the problem from every way he could think of the 3 software still would not work and the modem could just get a maximum down load speed of 600Kb/s and an average of about 400Kb/s.

I wrote to the Managing Director of 3 complaining about the speed of connection in what is supposed to be a high speed connection area and got a young lady call me from India. after several hours of going around the problem from every way he could think of the 3 software still would not work and the modem could just get a maximum down load speed of 600Kb/s and an average of about 400Kb/s. The young lady said this was quite good speed for this type of connection.

I went to a three shop, the young lady in the shop claimed to be getting 2.8 mb/s download speed quite regularly at her home, but would not tell me which district she lived in so that I could go there to check my modem. when I continued to complain about the service I was told they could do nothing but they could give me the address of the customer services department if I wanted to make a complaint.

Can anyone see a pattern developing here?

My "Broadband" speed is still very poor and has deteriorated as the advertising campain has got going. I am sharing a very limited band width with more people. My complaints are ignored and I am in an 18 month contract from hell. Please Please do not join the 3 network my broadband speed will only get slower.

DavidBdavidb

Private message
davidb

Return to Broadband Switching